Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Arizona Immigration Law Reasonable - NY Times

OK, so I am a bit concerned that I agree with the New York Times when they declared the recent Arizona immigration law reasonable in their article entitled Why Arizona Drew a Line.

If everyone would simply Read the BILL, I think there would be considerably less confusion and considerably more support.

Perhaps President Obama might support the law, although based upon his appearance at the Correspondence Dinner I seriously doubt it. How can you poke fun at something that has caused such controversy, especially when you are the one that has failed and failed miserably to take action???

Here's Governor Brewer's recent ad telling President Obama that no one's laughing now.

I know, several other presidents have failed to close the borders as well. I am ticked at them too! But Obama is in office and clearly he doesn't think this is such an important issue.

I am not yet of the opinion that we should consider something like Operation Wetback, which was one of the three times in the history of the US that the federal government actually decided that there were too many illegal aliens in the country and went about deporting them! Although, if circumstances continue to deteriorate, if jobs become so scarce, then we may have to consider doing something!!

No comments: